Welcome to Eatery Adventures!
This is my first blog post. I think it would be appropriate to introduce myself a little more than my "about me" page. Maybe it will give you more insight into my persona. Let's get started!
1. I do not have an English name and "Ling" is short for I-Ling. My full name is pronounced "Yi-Ling", which is appropriate in South Africa considering "i" in South African culture is pronounced "e".
2. My first languages spoken were Afrikaans and German, followed by English and then Mandarin. However, I have lost touch with German, but still speak 3 languages.
3. The first meal I personally made was at the young age of 6 years old, sitting on a bar stool hanging over the stove frying eggs for Mother's Day. Unfortunately my surprise breakfast-in-bed plan failed, as my mother walked into the kitchen before I could finish.
4. I have always pursued the creative side of life, buying stationery over toys, studying art in school and further studying architecture. The combination grew my passion for event planning, always aiming to create a personal touch to represent the celebrated! Seeing people enjoy themselves, brings me joy.
5. My favourite city to date is Cape Town, the Mother City of South Africa, where I explore my passion for food and wine tasting, with breathtakingly beautiful scenery the city offers.
6. Besides living in South Africa, never have I travelled to any other Western countries. (I intend to change this fact in 2017)
7. Absolute dog-lover! Don't own any pets as yet, but maybe sooner then I hope, most likely to be a French bulldog or Boston terrier.
8. My greatest weakness is saying no to ice-cream! Who can?!
9. Give me noodles over rice any day!
10. My favourite restaurant is my home, with the belief that a warm home is made up with good food and great friends.
Cheers to the start of a new adventure of exploring. I hope you will enjoy this journey as I share and grow my view in the culinary world!